The Bennington Oral Health Coalition is a community-led initiative to improve oral health in Bennington, Vermont.
A program of Greater Bennington Interfaith Community Services, Inc (GBICS), the Bennington Oral Health Coalition (BOHC) is composed of volunteers from varied areas of expertise, all passionate about the health and well-being of Bennington residents.
The BOHC seeks to improve oral health outcomes in Bennington, VT through community-driven efforts including education for children and adults, expansion of dental hygiene services, and systems/policy change.
The BOHC cannot do this alone. That’s why we are working to engage key players in the community, focusing on building relationships and fostering the development of vocal and active oral health champions in all sectors. The BOHC partnered with the Southwester Vermont Supervisory Union as well as Head Start to receive a Vermont Community Foundation Innovations and Collaborations grant, which emphasizes primary and secondary prevention methods to create sustainable culture change.
While the BOHC enjoys the support of hundreds of oral health champions and volunteers, the Coalition is comprised of 18 individuals who set the course for the BOHC in the community. Coalition members are constantly researching, planning, and implementing ways to improve oral health in Bennington.
- Sue Andrews, MPH, MPP, GBICS Executive Director
- Dick Bower, GBICS Board Member
- Dr. Michael Brady, DDS, Bennington School System Dentist
- Kim Bush, United Counseling Service Therapeutic Case Manager
- Marylou Chicote, RDH, Bennington Battle Monument Historic Site Administrator
- Dr. Jeremy Clover, DMD, Shaftsbury Dental Center
- Dr. Dick Dundas, MD, Bennington Free Clinic Medical Director and GBICS Board Member
- Dr. Wanda Franklin, PhD, RN
- Charlie Gingo, GBICS Board Chairman
- Marty Hammond, M.Ed, Southern Vermont Area Health Education Center Executive Director
- Terri Hirsch, RDH, Mount Anthony Union Middle School and High School Dental Case Manager
- Cathy Vogel, MPH, MSW, Bennington District Director of the Vermont Department of Health
- Kathleen O’Reilly, RN, BSN, MPH, Vermont Department of Health Public Health Nurse
- Meg Outwater, RDH, Bennington School System, Tooth Tutor
- Dr. Loren Peck, DDS, Bennington Dentist and Vermont State Dental Society Executive Board Member
- Rory Price, BOHC Coordinator
- Kendra Stratton, RDH, Salem Dentistry Hygienist and Mount Anthony Union Middle School Tooth Tutor
- Grace Winslow, Bennington County Head Start Health Manager